Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{Humbleness}

Words cannot even describe how amazing today was. I absolutely love it here! Today we went to a village and washed the kids feet, gave them suckers, had a spiritual clinic to talk to them about Jesus, painted their fingernails, played with them, etc. It was such a humbling experience to see the smile on the kids faces when we were washing their feet and then gave them their new socks and boots. I am just so thankful that God gave me the opportunity and made it available for me to come down here and serve Him and His children. It has only been two days and today was our first work day and I have already been blessed more than you can imagine!! Being with those kids, playing with them and painting their fingernails just touched my heart so much. I didn't want to leave. And I want to go back tomorrow and the next day and the next and the next. :) We then spent some time with the college group down here, had a Bible study with them and painted our Amazing Race t-shirts with our partner. I love my partner already!! She is amazing and she is smaller than me but two years older!!!! I didn't think it was possible!!!! Ha ha. I'll get to spend more time with her tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to. Our group time was very touching as well. Mike spoke and did a great job and then we just talked about the day and how we were blessed. Well I can say I was blessed just by listening to what others had to say. Overall, today was a spectacular day and I KNOW that God is going to continue working in my life and touching my heart in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment