Friday, April 17, 2009

Beautiful Transformation



It's spring time! How exciting?! To me I see spring time as a time of change. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, and the caterpillars are curling up into their chrysalis' and forming into a beautiful butterfly. And that particular transformation just amazes me. Honestly, caterpillars aren't very appealing to look at to me. But then they miraculously transform into one of the most beautiful insects.


I work at a daycare as a pre-k teacher. Every spring we get caterpillars, we take care of them, wait for them to crawl up into their chrysalis' and then put them in the little net thing till they "hatch." Well one of the teachers accidentally dropped one into some sugar. And when it hatched its antennas were stuck together, it couldn't fly, and didn't have all its legs. It was so sad.


All this reminds me of us as Christians and the transformation we go through. I'm not talking about the biggest transformation when we get saved and we become new but the constant transformation in our lives. We as Christians are consistently changing. We analyze our lives and realize that there are things that we need to change. We may be living wrong. We may be participating in something we shouldn't. Etc. Etc. As for me this week has been a major learning experience. Quite a few things have happen in my life and they weren't so good. But I'm thankful for them none the less. I've learned a lot and I believe that I have matured much more. I believe that God brought me to these storms to learn, to grow, and to mature. People make mistakes and people learn from them. And I pray that I keep learning. It's not fun messing up and then going through all the pain and suffering. But in the long run they pay off. God never does anything without knowing what is going to happen next. God never makes a mistake. God is never taken by surprise. And that is what's so amazing! He is all knowing and He is my God. And I know that no matter what I go through God is there with me every step of the way. These certain situations are still going on, but already I'm changing and learning from them. And I just hope that others will recognize as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment